Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What is Graphic Design?
2007 at 05.48 pm posted by Veerle
It seems to be embedded in human nature to try to label things to identify it. Labeling itself is not bad, but I’m talking about making things sound more fancy or smart. It’s already hard enough to get everybody on the same line when using well known terms. It’s all subjective and everybody has a different vision or interpretation.

Over exposure
We get bombarded with terms and definitions on a daily basis and new wordings are popping up regularly. That's why I want to focus on something that has been around for quite some time. Since it's been around that long it should be easy, right? So instead of reinventing new buzzwords, let's try to understand, define and describe those that have been around. Let's take Graphic Design for example.



What is Graphic Design?
My guess is that there will be many different interpretations. That's why I would like to run a little experiment here to see if I am right. What I am asking is to write down your thoughts of what Graphic Design is and means to you. However, there are a few rules: don't go Googling the term or look it up in a dictionary. I want what comes up in your mind without any influence from an outside source. So don't go cheating or looking at what others wrote :) I think when we compare it to the official definition it could prove to be interesting.

1 comment:

Learn Digital Marketing said...

I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.